The 10 Commandments for Call Center Managers and Leaders
- Take time to be enthusiastic. Enthusiasm is contagious. Do everything with enthusiasm. You will find it an inspiration to your whole call center.
- Take time to plan. Plan your work in an orderly way and you will find work goes more smoothly – not only for you, but for all your agents.
- Take time to listen. You will not learn while you are talking. Listen and acquire knowledge. Listen and become popular with your fellow managers, agents, and customers. By listening, you let people know you are interested in them, their ideas, and their problems.
- Take time to praise. Go out of your way to compliment your agents and peers for an outstanding job. This is the spirit that makes people want to succeed by making them want to try harder.
- Take time to say thank you. Make it a habit to say thank you to everyone: to customers and fellow workers whenever they do something for you. Everyone appreciates it, and you will find it does something for you, too.
- Take time to smile. Smile when you’re giving instructions or explaining an operation – smile when you talk to people. It is the best known way to win friends and cooperation.
- Take time to explain. In talking to others about their work, be specific, be clear, say just what you mean, and give the reason why. We all do our best when we understand what is expected of us.
- Take time to give orders cheerfully. Everyone who works has to take or give orders. But we all respond better when they are given cheerfully.
- Take time to do it now. Don’t put things off. The longer you do so, the more difficult the job becomes. Let people know they can depend on you to get things done.
- Take time to think. You will find this the shortest, surest way to success. It avoids many costly mistakes. Think and you will find your work more interesting and less tiring.